Cinema Spotlights

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Top 10 Highly Anticipated Films of the Fall/Winter

Summer is over and now comes the cold season (or as cold as it gets depending where you live).along with the next set of blockbusters and award contenders. Everyone has their picks but these are the movies that I'm excited to see. 

Honorable Mention: The Meyerowitz Stories (Oct. 13[Limited]
A good film starring Adam Sandler? A lot of buzz has been going on declaring it his best role since Punch-Drunk Love.(2002). If there is any actor who needs a career comeback, it's definitely Sandler.



10). The Greatest Showman (Dec. 25)
Hugh Jackman sings and dances as P.T. Barnum, the man who would create the greatest show on earth. The cast looks promising including Zac Efron and Zendaya who are no strangers when it comes to musicals. 



9). Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Dec. 20)
Nostalgia is riding high with the the original starring Robin Williams but the route on giving a sleek update to the game and actually traveling to the dangerous jungles of Jumanji does carry potential. 



8). Coco (Nov. 22)
While not the first animated film to explore the Day of the Dead, a holiday celebrated in Mexico, I'm still intrigued to see what Pixar can bring to the table. Strangely, I want to see this in Spanish first. 

English Trailer:

Spanish Trailer:





7). Wonderstruck (Oct. 20)
The second book from Brian Selznick to be adapted to the big screen (The first being The Invention of Hugo Cabret re-titled Hugo for the movie) Wonderstruck follows two kids whose stories while parallel connect in a remarkable way. 



6). Wonder (Nov. 17)
Another film based on a book that I'm excited to see. Auggie Pullman is unlike anyone you'll ever meet and will pull on your heartstrings. With a good cast from Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts as the parents with the kid from Room as Auggie himself, what more do you need?




5). Good-Bye Christopher Robin (Oct. 13)
There's an aura of Saving Mr Banks in this story. A behind-the-scenes look on the creation of a childhood icon that despite being a success, it didn't bode well with the writer himself or his son who was the inspiration. Like Mr. Banks I got a little teary-eyed with the trailer, I'll take that as a good sign. 




4). Ferdinand (Dec. 15)
Another one based on a book that Disney later adapted into a short cartoon in 1938 and won an Oscar. After Horton Hears Who and The Peanuts Movie, I still have faith that Blue Sky can do it right. Just mention John Cena is in the movie and you'll definitely get a crowd.  




3). Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec. 15)
Feels like forever since I saw The Force Awakens and I'm ready for the next chapter in a galaxy far, far, away. The real problem is which will I see first? Ferdinand or The Last Jedi, since they premiere the same day. 



2). Thor: Ragnarok (Nov. 2)
Two words: Taika Waititi.  From making creative independent films to now directing a superhero blockbuster. Another story that has me giddy to see of what Thor and Hulk were up to during the events of Civil War. No doubt Waitti will add his signature style that I can't hardly wait.  




1). My Little Pony: The Movie (Oct. 6)
Will probably lose viewership (if I have any) but I gotta be honest. The brony inside can't contain it. It's my favorite cartoon getting the big screen screen treatment. What else else is there to say except: "Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh My GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 5 Films of 2023

Another year and the Oscars have come and gone! Congratulations to  Oppenheimer  for winning the big awards including Best Picture, Best Sup...